Here is a update of what we have been up to lately. Porter, Ryder, and Kinyon went to a shooting competition in April. They did really well. Porter placed 2nd in rifle, and 8th over-all. Ryder placed 3rd in muzzleloader, and 9th over-all. Kinyon placed 10th in shotgun and beat both of his big bothers in that event, he was really excited about that.
We got the kids lamb early this year for 4-H. That made them all really excited. No really, just Kaitlyn and Cheyenne. They both love animals, they go out almost everyday to catch them so they can pet them or walk them. They are the ones that tame those buggers down.
Well baseball season has started again. I told myself at the end of last season that I would not run concession stand again. So they came up and ask if I was interested in doing it again. So I said well that depends on how much your going to pay me. So they said they would talk about it and let me know. So they ended up giving me a raise so I took the job. I couldn't really turn down a raise. So now I go to work at the Middle School until about 12:30 then I'm home sometimes for 2-3 hrs. Then I head over to the park for baseball until around 9. Then I have to make sure the kids homework is done and corrected, make sure they have ate, then get them to bed. Then I'm so tired that sometimes I get the dishes done then other times I just go to bed around 11-12 before the alarm is going off by 5. It sure will be nice when school is out.
The girls had their clogging competition at Lagoon this last week end. Nikkelle team took 1st over-all. Kaitlyn also took 1st over-all, then Cheyenne team took 1st over-all Grand Champion. They had fun, but not such a nice day to be outside. It rain all day. We were all wet, so between Cheyenne's dance and Nikkelle's we had about 3 hrs. So I took the girls to see Monsters vs. Aliens in 3-D. Cheyenne laughed she thought it was funny, she would say " Oh my gosh I thought that rock was going to hit me." We didn't get that warmed up, the theater was on the chiller side. Cheyenne wasn't to happy when I told her she had to put back on her wet socks and shoes. But over-all we had a fun day despite the weather.
Nikkelle hurt her arm at drill practice on Wednesday. The doctor thinks she dislocated her elbow the put it back in. So he put her in a sling. He told if it wasn't feeling better by Monday that we should probably do a MRI to see if she has torn tissue. Her arm is still really sore. So we are going down for the MRI on Wednesday morning at 7:30. So hopefully we find out what happened and we can get if fixed. She does not like to sit out at drill. She said "it makes me feel Lazy and I just want to dance." She got her driver license this week too. She is really excited about that she says "Now I feel FREE!" She likes being able to drive to her friends without relying on me.
This weekend I've been trying to get my yard ready so we can get our garden in. I love this time of year and I like to spend time working in my yard. For Mother's Day Shane gave me a gift card to Valley Nursery so I can plant more flowers. Well I hope that you have a Happy Mother's day.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Well its that time of year again!!!
Posted by Shalaine and Shane at 11:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment