So this morning Kinyon comes up to room about 3:00am. He was rolled in a ball and said his right side hurt. So we went to check the internet about appendicitis. It doesn't say a whole lot, other then hurts on right side. Sometimes starts in middle, then moves to right side. Hurts when you walk around. May or may not have fever. So we had him get up and walk around to see if it hurts. Well he is making all these moaning sounds and keeps closing his eyes like he was in alot of pain. So we are think, ok maybe we had better take him to make sure it is not his appendix. So we get there and the doctor comes in to check him. He says well get a x-ray and draw some blood to check his white blood count. So we go down to get x-rays. When we get back Kinyon says I need to go to the bathroom. Shane said #1 or #2, Kinyon says #1. So I take him to find a bathroom. Next thing I know Kinyon opens the door and said "Mom I just pooped my pants." Im thinking nice we don't have any clean clothes. So I find a bag and told Kinyon to put his underwear in here. We get back to the room and they were waiting for Kinyon to get back to draw blood. Then they said that it will take about 1hr for the results. So we are waiting and they gave Kinyon the remote to watch TV. Well he ends up pushing the button that pages your nurse. Shane and I are sitting there thinking great!!! We got the button taken care of and explained what all the bottons do. Well the Dr. finally came back and says well in the X-rays it looks like he has alot of gas and his blood count was normal. So everthing turned out to be fine with Kinyon. Now Shane and I are stuck with a $300-$500 bill for Kinyon to use the ER Bathroom. I sure hope his stomach starts to fill better.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Well it sounds like you had an interesting night and fun one at that. That's too funny! Well not the bill but the story :-) Sorry you had a rough night. By the way what did you feed him to give him so much gas so I know not to feed my kids that?
I'm glad that was you. But I'm really sorry you had to go thru it. Thats something he will probabley never forget. By the way you have been tagged see my blog to see rules and have fun!!!
Hey Nikki and Kaitlyn you have been tagged so check out my blog for details and have fun girls!!!
Post a Comment